Sunday, September 16, 2012

I Wanna (make a ) Wooleater

This pattern has haunted me for over a year, and now I shall give in and start crocheting it. I have a somewhat largish stash of acrylic yarns that I saved from different thrifting trips. I didn't seek these out. Normally, they were thrown in haphazardly with the "good stuff". Now I think it's time to embrace those acrylics, and see just what I can do with them. I watched some youtube videos on how to do the catherine's wheel stitch, and I think I got it. Personally, I find the instructions for the Red heart version more simple, so I will be working from that one. I made a start on it yesterday, and I think I may do a series of posts on my progress. Still ruminating on that one. One thing for sure...I have this sweater I stupidly made from some Bernat Berella, and I will be frogging it for the yarn. (I say stupid because it had previously been knit from, and the kinks never came out even after I washed the yarn, so now it will be crocheted with.)  I've got to find that...I wonder if I donated it? Anyway, stay tuned....

No comments: